These objectives were agreed by the Governing Board of the Macclesfield academy on 27th March 2012. It will be reviewed before the end of the Easter term 2013. Governors are keen to take into account the views of all students, parents, visitors and staff to the Academy in undertaking this review.Â Please email any comments to
In relation to Achievement:
- We will improve the performance of boys, students with Special Educational Needs and those entitled to Free School Meals so that the gap between their attainment and that of other students is substantially narrowed.
In relation to Teaching and Learning:
- We will ensure that our curriculum (including our programme of enrichment and extracurricular activities) actively promotes understanding between different groups of people.
- We will ensure that students from Park Lane School are more effectively integrated into the life and work of the Academy.
In relation to Behaviour and Safety
- We will maintain a rigorous anti bullying stance so that all students and staff, including those in groups protected by the Equalities Act, are protected from harassment and discrimination of all kinds.
In relation to Leadership and Management
- We will demonstrate our commitment to equality and diversity by securing accreditation as a Level 2 UNICEF Rights Respecting School
- We will ensure that our systems for recruiting staff actively encourage applications from colleagues in all those groups protected by the Equalities Act
- We will undertake equality assessments of all new and existing policies and procedures.