Labour Market Information
Labour Market Information (LMI) is a useful tool to help research future jobs in the local area, understand the skills needed for certain roles and the demand for future employment. LMI helps to break down the complex ‘world of work’– ranging from descriptions of different careers, their entry routes, promotional prospects, salaries paid, skills and qualifications needed etc.
Crucially for young people, LMI also covers future demand – what kinds of jobs will be in demand after leaving school and what kinds of skills will be needed.
It can help you:
- See the relevance of education to your future life by understanding how the skills and knowledge you develop affect your employability
- Identify the sectors where there is growth and the possibility of jobs
- Know what issues the sector is facing
- Know who are the main organisations in the sector, are they large or small companies
- Demonstrate to potential employers your understanding of the environment in which they operate