Safety Advice and Information
The following information contains links that have been provided to us by Safeguarding Children in Education Settings (SCIES) and Cheshire Police.
The links have advice and guidance on a range of issues regarding pupil/child safety.
- Help children who've been abused, protect children at risk and find the best ways to prevent child abuse from ever happening.
- Report abuse
- Information and advice
UK Council for Internet Safety
UK Council for Internet Safety Social Meida advice for parents and carers whose children are using social media.
Cheshire PoliceCheshire Police
Reporting Crime, staying safe
Family Lives Helpline: 0808 800 2222Family Lives provides targeted early intervention and crisis support to families who are struggling. The issues we support families with include family breakdown, challenging relationships and behaviour, debt, and emotional and mental wellbeing.
ParentzoneCrisis Messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need support, you can text PARENTZONE to 85258
To improve outcomes for children in a digital world, so:
- Children will be safer online
- Children will be resilient enough to cope with the challenges of the online world
- Children will be educated for a digital future
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection website.
- Report sexual exploitation.
- Information about keeping yourself or a child you know safe from child sexual exploitation
Respect not Fear
Respect not FearRelationships and domestic abuse support.
- UK organisation which protects children both online and offline.
- Advice about staying safe when you're on a phone, tablet or computer.
- We've launched #AskTheAwkward, our new resource for parents and carers of secondary aged childen. Watch our three films and find out more on how to talk to your children about online relationships.
So You Got Naked Online
SWGflSWGfl are a not for profit charity ensuring everyone can benefit from technology free from harm.
'So you got naked online...' is a resource that helps and advices young people who may find themselves in a situation where they (or a friend) have put a sexting image or video online and have lost control over that content and who it's being shared with.
Our Safety Centre - Online Safety Centre
Safety CentrePractical advice on how to very quickly block people on social media apps.